David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 29 September 2023

Spot the Odd One Out

It's touch and go with my tomato harvest.

I took the most forward half dozen to Swindon a couple of weeks ago and one went red while I was there and so they've now had most of them. I've brought the next dozen inside in the hope of salvaging a few more while the weather lasts and, look, something is happening.

There's lots of fruit on the plants outside but much of it won't come in time. Like Lester Piggott when a disgruntled owner said he didn't come in time who replied that he couldn't come without the horse. So I think next door, who masterminded this whole project, might be getting a bag of green tomatoes in the hope of some chutney or pickle.
Quite honestly, the long wait has been an investment that makes me wonder how tomatoes can be so cheap in the supermarket but maybe the industry has some secrets about how to hurry them along. They have given me something to check on but, alongside two cucumbers, I can't say I'm sold on the produce game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.