David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 29 October 2015

The Saturday Nap

It's quite possible the Saturday Nap could become the Friday Nap. It is a truth universally acknowledged by me that Saturday's racing is the hardest, with more competitive, big races easier to get wrong than the weekday races when only the racing people are watching. It has often been the case that one can win money throughout the week only to give it all back on Saturday and the last few weeks have been a case in point.
Friday seems a good compromise, where some good races are often available in a two-day meeting where the biggest races happen on Saturday when the bookmakers pick the pocket of the weekend mug punter.
I can't see what will win the Charlie Hall at Wetherby or the tricksy hurdle race but I do like a few tomorrow.
I'll point out that to a level ten pound stake, the Saturday Nap is now 7.50 up and so I'd suggest a treble of 2.50 of that goes on
Onefitzall, Uttoxeter 1.15
Hadfield, Wetherby 1.40
Leoncavallo, Wetherby 2.50

and a fiver goes on the nap, Onefitzall.
But that's the one that counts.