David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 16 October 2015

The Saturday Nap

We got off to a cracking start last week with Emotionless. Last, and it wasn't until Tuesday I read that he come back lame. But it must be admitted he'd have needed to be good to beat Air Force Blue.
Of course, it was a mistake to get involved with flat racing but Phil Bull made his fortune backing second favourites in two year old races and double the stake when the favourite is odds on, which is what we did there.
So, with Ascot putting on their top class card to mark my 56th birthday, we can leave them to it while concentrating on Stratford, Ffos Las and Market Rasen.
Charlie Longsdon was the in-form stable this time last year and he is again now. Crickel Wood (Stratford 4.40) ran promisingly first time out behind a winner who has won again since and everything looks right for him to go in this time.