David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Pluto

I've always had a lot of time for Pluto, very much the small outsider with its eccentric orbit beyond those vast, cruel planets with all their ever increasing numbers of satellites and yet Pluto was never found to have any and then it was demoted to minor planet status.
While they were all given majestic names from ancient gods, Pluto was apparently an afterthought that we couldn't even see until 1930. Pluto didn't have a chance of having music written for it by Gustav Holst.
So I'm glad it's now had its picture taken better than ever before. It might be nice there, the sun only a bright star in its sky, beyond even the reach of SKY, the Top Gear franchise and the Eurozone. Properties there must fetch a small fortune.