David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 23 July 2015

Hooray, hooray, it's Romain Bardet

On June 21st here, I advised a small investment on Romain Bardet at 25/1 for the King of the Mountains category in the Tour de France.
Today he rode away with the uphill stage, collected a hatful of points and is joint leader of the King of the Mountains with three days to go, now quote at 3/1 with Uncle Paddy.
I'd love to have tipped a 25/1 winner here and hope I have but, just in case, one could now take out insurance on Froome, Fugslang and Rodriguez for small amounts and then it's either a nice little earner or everything's covered.
If not, keep the faith with Bardet and remember you heard it here first.

Meanwhile, since I'm dispensing red hot tips like confetti, next time you are in Sainsbury's, look out for this bargain 3-CD set, Greatest Ever Reggae. The title possibly oversells it a bit but for a fiver you can't go wrong. You would look considerably more savvy if you had The Pioneers, The Liquidator and My Boy Lollipop on authentic, old 7 inch singles on the Trojan label and suchlike but you might find they won't play on a CD player.