David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 8 May 2015

Is that the thanks you get

So, the election turned out to be a massive defeat for the psephologist party.

This website predicted the Conservative majority several months ago when first tipping up that outcome at, I think, 9/2, but in the face of polls stalled at a 34% each stalemate, one had to wonder.

It was a quite astonishing outcome but we don't want to hear complaints from the public about anything the new Conservative government do because they can compare it with what the Liberals prevented for the last five years and wonder how they could have done that to Nick Clegg. One-eyed selfishness will no doubt bring its own kind of rewards.