David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 14 May 2015

Doctor, Doctor

A bloke goes into the doctor and says, 'Doctor, doctor, I keep seeing the future.'

So the doctor asks, 'When did this begin.'

And the bloke says, 'Next Tuesday afternoon.'

--

I was reflecting on my way home this afternoon how I'm glad I went out with a modest number of women rather than a number of modest women.

--

But, this is what Amazon think of me and it is a credit to the vague modern science of profiling.

Recommended for me are,

Flight of Angels by The Sixteen, choral music by Francisco Geurrero
Hey, Rock'n'Roll, the Greatest Hits by Showaddywaddy
Vespers of 1610 by Monteverdi
Greatest Hits by Mud
Tintinnabuli, the recent album of music by Arvo Part.

They know me so well. But what I ordered was the new Tasmin Little discs of Schubert Chamber Works and the box set of Abbado's Mendelssohn Symphonies and Overtures. I'm still waiting for 4 or 5 horses to win on the same day, joined together by me in all kinds of combinations before I treat myself to the Buxtehude Opera Omnia. One can't justify such a thing until one has really deserved it.