David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 28 May 2015

Frank Redpath

This is an item of more than ordinary interest,
http://www.therialto.co.uk/pages/2015/05/27/frank-redpath-aka-philip-larkin/

I'd heard of Frank Redpath but somehow imagined him to be one of the Peter Didsbury/ Roy Fisher provincial, slightly below the radar poets. On the evidence here, he's a little bit but not quite that.
You can see why Coming To might have been taken for a lost Larkin poem. My main doubt would have been how could there still be anything of this quality of Larkin's still lost but, of course, anything is possible.
You can search Amazon New & Used or Abebooks for a copy of the book and be asked for anything from 25 pounds to over 100 so, if you were at all interested, I'd click on the relevant parts of The Rialto's shop and buy one for 6.95, post free.
That has to be a bargain. It's not often you get shopping advice on this website.

I dare say in a short while there will be a Frank Redpath item here to further encourage the purchase.