David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 19 December 2014

The Saturday Nap

I am ready to oppse Irish Saint until he has improved on his most recent effort, at Sandown, and Puffin Billy is the obvious one to do so with.
Zarkandar is another who I would generally go against which is very unfair as he continues to run well while usually chasing home some big names. Aubusson is tempting to take a chance on to see if he progresses further from the win in Haydock's competitive fixed brush race but Reve de Sivola on soft ground is fairly priced at 7/2 or 4/1 to confirm all we know about him.
In the 3.00 it seems to obvious to take The Young Master to gain compensation for his disqualification at Wincanton when he was not his fault that he wasn't qualified to run and that is what I was going to do until I looked a bit longer and thought the ground and recent running in the Hennessey were too much in Houblon des Obeaux's favour to overlook at 4/1.
I'm surprised how Silviniaco Conti is available at 8/1 for the Gold Cup. He was going well when falling behind Bobsworth two years ago and led over the last last year before veering across the course, which has been explained by an abcess in his foot. I would be glad to take 7/2 for next year's race and so some long term speculations involving him are worth hasving to small stakes. With King's Palace (RSA Chase), Peace and Co (Triumph Hurdle) and The New One, impressive last week (Champion Hurdle), the yankee pays about 300/1.