David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 12 December 2013

The Saturday Nap

By far the most important thing that is going to happen this weekend is seeing The New One run at Cheltenham.. I'm afraid he will be at prohibitive odds with only Zarkandar to beat, which he should do over this course and distance, one would hope.
And so although he is the nap to clear up the loose change of this feature's deficit this year, it is also recommended that one takes the 4/1 still available in a number of places for the Champion Hurdle to get back the other 4 points we are down to a level 1 point stake which means we might not know if we ended up in profit or not until the middle of March.
But that is a serious suggestion, the best bet to have on a day like this, because once he has won, he won't be 4/1 any more, I believe he is a considerably better horse than My Tent or Yours and Ladbrokes, who sometimes know better than anyone, have him 3/1 favourite already.