David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Saturday 14 December 2013

The First Teenagers


The First Teenagers 

It seemed a good time to have a good time,
adventures on the brink of a new world
like sputniks in orbit or angels blessed 

in coffee bars on Saturday nights.
Everything’s American, it’s nearly
always summer and it’s hard to resist 

someone who looks like someone in a film.
And this is just the start of it, the long
suburban jitterbug and twist 

for those who found themselves on the jukebox
or in the back seats of cars at the drive-in,
the first people ever to have been kissed.