David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Saturday 8 September 2012

Signed Poetry Books - John Donne

This feature is usually only for books of poems signed by their authors and owned by me but today we make a rare exception.
Parts of Chichester Cathedral not normally open to public visitors were open today as part of a Heritage Day and one such part was the library.
It turned out to be a fine opportunity, if a little rushed in guided groups. All the browsing time allowed was taken up for me in asking if I could see the volume signed by John Donne, who had been a friend of the owner of a good proportion of the books.
It is not a poetry book but a Tractatus de Rerum Ecclesiastes, or some such laugh-a-minute Treatise on Church Issues.
So, there it is, I touched a book that Donne touched. My week off has begun in spectacular fashion.