David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Saturday 22 October 2011

The Saturday Nap Week 1

The money for Camelot in the Racing Post Trophy is persuasive and the sort of thing that often persuades me but the effect of it has been to push the other horses who have accomplished more so far out to bigger prices so I'm not getting involved with what might be a false favourite there.


Chepstow's meeting has some interesting races with big stables bringing what might be some bright prospects for early season skirmishes. One notes Tim Vaughan's winners yesterday and that Paul Nicholls would usually start running up multiple winners at this stage of the year but Fingal Bay, Chepstow 3.40, from Philip Hobbs, might be a different class and offers better odds of reward than the Nicholls trained favourites in the first two races so if there's still 5/2 available on Fingal Bay, let's get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.