David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 27 October 2011

The Friday Nap

Just in case there's not a better option on Saturday.

It has to be noted that even though Ruby Walsh has said he will be reducing his appearances in England after the new rules on whip use, he is riding at Wetherby tomorrow and has only one ride booked.

This is Fistral Beach in the 3.20.

These top jockeys don't travel all that way for one ride unless they think it has a good chance. In fact, a top jockey with one ride at a meeting is one of the biggest ticks a horse can have against its name on my card.
But also bearing in mind that Ruby went to Fontwell for a Paul Nicholls trained horse last week, and finished second on it.

Still, I'm on. The 9/2 currently indicated on the Racing Post website would be lovely. And this website will continue to feature books and poetry, as before, just as soon as it can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.