David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 3 June 2011

Unlikely Lookalike



On my old website I collected a set of vaguely similar-looking types which were me, Salman Rushdie, Shakespeare and Stanley Kubrick, to which we then added Mark Everett, the singer from eels.

It was no more than the merest bit of fun and a riff on the bald head and/or beard theme.

This week in the office, as happens, we began casting a film of our weird existence in there with actors taking our parts. Carole played by Judi Dench, etc. Leif wanted to be played by some glamorous young actress I'd never heard of but we don't need to go into that.

And then, eventually, Andrea cast Russell Brand in the role of me. Well, okay, then. I can see some connection in the scruff-pup image and wordy flights of fancy if you will but not quite so much the role of male tart and serial Lothario. Daniel said he'd never seen me look so pleased before. And it's a long time since I have been so I'm not surprised at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.