David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Monday 6 June 2011

David Green's Books



My friend Alan's daughter got a new, better digital camera. I've thought of getting a digital camera a few times but always demurred, not really seeing the need of one in the same way as it turns out that I'm in a select category of highly respected celebrities- that is Paul Merton, Danny Baker and me- that don't have a mobile phone.

But Alan said Jessica didn't want this clapped out bit of yesteryear technology any more so, rather than clog his dustbin up with it, did I want it. Well, I'm a very fussy and select, high-class kind of bloke so I wasn't going to take it off his hands until he showed me how it worked. But Alan is a very good friend to have, he's one of the best I've got or ever had and we like each other very much and so he did and so, but he's my friend, not yours, so forget it. Needing something to take a photograph of, this is my best study of one of my bookshelves.

There's the Shakespeare biographies on the top shelf, some poetry criticism and essays, Ray Carver's stories, etc. If you like such pictures of other people's books as much as I do, then you'll be matching them up to your own.

Thanks, Alan. It looks like it might be good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.