David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Sunday 12 June 2011

Royal Ascot



One day I'll tip a real bookiebashing bonanza here but after the Derby saw the selection not quite get into it, the warning remains that flat racing is not an area of any expertise here. I wish I'd drawn attention to the Champions League Final coup ahead of the event but putting football punditry on here really would be lowering the tone.

Goldikova is a living legend and apparently generously priced at 13/8 to beat Canford Cliffs in Tuesday's opener. If she can get us off to a good start then the yankee will become a warm ticket in my pocket.

Hoof It is not an elegantly named horse but, at 7/1 in the Wokingham Handicap, is apparently potentially better than a handicapper and might be running in Group races by the end of the season.

Sole Power's win at Haydock was one race I have seen this season and was impressive enough. In the hope that it was not a peak but a stepping stone to higher things, we might include him in as he bids to add the King's Stand Stakes (6/1) as the sprinting division might not be in a vintage year.

And Fame and Glory, without being the out and out stayer that one might prefer for the Gold Cup, could be the class act and not therefore need to be. at 15/8 today. At this stage, on the Sunday evening, it's entrancing to see how those prices multiply together but if I'm allowed four winners in a flat season, perhaps they could all happen in the same week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.