David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Tuesday 16 November 2010

What Larks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00w8kf0/Only_Connect_Children_in_Need_Special/

Congratulations to Larks on their fine win on Only Connect. Three Philip Larkin fans proved just too good for three Wheel Men, who despite my sympathy with their bicycling theme, were not my favourite three celebrities. But the Larks were a fine set of men, Andrew Motion, Stuart Maconie and Michael Bywater, all of whose writing and personalities I have enjoyed for several years.
And not only did the game provide the desired result, as if that mattered, but it established an unlikely precedent that it is possible to enjoy a Children in Need event.
Well done, boys. And thanks to the redoubtable and photogenic Vicky Coren in the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.