David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Thunderbirds Have Gone


Is that it, then. Is your political career over as soon as your big ambition to be leader is cruelly snatched away.
I hope that if one of my sisters were to prove more successful as a poet than me (it wouldn't be difficult but I don't think either of them are currently trying), I wouldn't immediately sling it all in.
But perhaps there's a chance that Ed Milliband's election as Labour leader signals the end of Thunderbird puppets as model politicians. It probably actually started with some elements of Margaret Thatcher's re-invention but reached its paragon example with Blair, who was followed up by Cameron.
But, poor David, it must be horrid for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.