David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 7 July 2023

Quiz Answers

 B/f from June 16th, I thought that made for a mighty fine quiz.

With some research, I think I have about 65 names but it gets a bit ragged towards the end.

Rod and Ronnie Wood
with Elton
with Paul and Linda
John and Paul
Mick and John
Mick and Dylan
George and Dylan
a couple I need help with
Ravi Shankar
Joan Baez and Dylan
Dylan and Allen Ginsberg
Jack Kerouac and Neal Cassady
Dali and Luis Bunuel
is that Anthony Burgess?
Iris Murdoch and John Bayley
George Eliot and George Henry Lewes (maybe)
Robert Southey and Wordsworth
Nora Barnacle and James Joyce
Auden and it's hard to say
Chaplin and Oona O'Neill
Fitzgerald and Zelda
Peter Lawford, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Sinatra
Athos, Porthos, Aramis, D'Artagnan
Sancho Panza and Don Quixote
Laurel & Hardy
Abbot & Costello
Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson
Haydn and Mozart
Clara and Robert Schumann
Van Gogh and Gauguin
Oscar and Bosie
Simon and Garfunkel
maybe Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge, dunno
Mick and Keith
Bowie and Lou
Laurie Anderson and Lou
Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft, possibly
Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn, I'm advised
and Chaplin
 
Good game. It would be nice to see the answers and get one's mark with a B- pass but unless this goes viral (when nothing from here ever has before) and the team from The Chase do it, we ain't ever going to know.
--
I am now grateful for Eric Clapton, Tolkien and probably C.S. Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.