David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Saturday 7 November 2020

Times Crossword/Racetrack Wiseguy

 

With Saturday having two major highlights, the crossword and the racing, it's best to have one out of the way before the other starts but it's not usually finished by 10.05. So that leaves plenty of time for the disc that's just arrived.
Next week is likely to be a musical week here with one item already planned and a review now looking imminent, too, so that should be Tuesday evening.
 
I was glad to get the even money on Wilde About Oscar (Aintree, 12.20) because it's odds on now. It looks like the Skeltons are trying there today with Northofthewall being backed in the 1.00 as well.
It is always my plan to have a go at this time of year and it's been working.Having been let down by Allmankind last time, he went straight to fences and won well without my support but that's how it is sometimes.
But it looks as if Mr. Henderson is coming into some form which bodes well for Call Me Lord at 2.40 where I'm always ready to take on Ch'tiello.
There should be at least a treble for Paul Nicholls at Wincanton but it's not obvious which three or four it will be and a couple are short prices but we'll have Danny Whizzbang at 3.35 and Sam Cooke in the November handicap at Doncaster at 3.15.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.