David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 7 August 2019

Rare David Green Poem Found in Oxfordshire Inn

I am indebted to my friend, Fatty, for this exquisite composition, Still Life with Poem.

She writes with news of the discovery, by her, of this poem by me in the Abingdon Inn. The Book Club Murder wasn't actually lost. I knew it was there in a 2013 edition of South and it was also in The Perfect Murder. All poems by me are 'rare' but it was somehow gratifying to think of it lying low there and, no doubt, in other places, adding a tiny fraction to the cultural fabric of the nation.

--

It must be 6 months or more since my sister asked, 'haven't you got enough CD's yet'.
No.
It simply isn't possible to leave Cilla, the Very Best of Cilla Black in a charity shop when it is 3 for a pound. The two to go with it, The Real Thing and Mozart's 'Prague' Symphony are fair enough but they could have gladly have had the whole pound just for the Cilla. It updates the LP I have upstairs.
Another thing that needs updating is my Top 100. It needs the SOS Band, it needs Dave & Ansel Collins and it needs this,