David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Sunday 9 December 2018

Mozart Mania

What a pity I'm not doing The Saturday Nap this year. It might have been a struggle for most of the year but now the winners are flowing like a river in spate.
This is cash for spending rather than giving back and so the Mozart opera collection is the main beneficiary. Mozart is very much where I came in with 'classical' music and one's first real love stays special.
Reviewing the shelves to see what I might add next, I'm sure there should be a Marriage of Figaro there but I can't find it. I made myself a list, from memory, and thought there might be a dozen or so, adding on a couple to the famous ones.
D'oh. Don't ever check the internet. He was always writing operas early doors and there's more than one could ever find sensible shelf space for. So, never mind, it's another thing not to be completist of.

But, what an outpouring of sublime wonder the boy was. Bach, Buxtehude and Handel, watch out, because he's back on the premises and, anybody outside of the trusty old guard, they should be grateful they got selected before I might decide, no, there's no point ever looking any further.