David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 6 July 2012

Rotten on Question Time

Question Time, BBC 1

You might think that Question Time was a tiresome weekly squabble between party apparatchiks and as predictable as pop music these days. And you'd be right.
Then they add John Lydon in to make it exciting and he is even more predictably dull in his worn-out postures and well-practised manner. Good grief. If they want to liven the show up, they must do better than this.
I wasn't detained by the programme for long. I've got Roland Barthes' A Lover's Discourse to look at for bedtime reading and so I adjourned. But I'm sure I heard John say he had a Barclays account. Has it really come to this.
So,
I  Wanna Bank Account 
to the tune of Anarchy in the UK
I want a bank account
I’ve got a large amount
I know what a loan is
And know how to get it
But I don’t need one,
You can forget it
Cos I wanna b-----ank account 
Bank accounts for the UK
Cash machine availability
I enjoy all the facilities
for just some more of my money 
I pay my visa bill
And use it at the till
It’s so convenient
To keep control of what you’ve spent
Cos I wanna  b-----ank account 
Is this my interest rate
Indexed-linked, I think it’s great,
Or is this the APR,
Or is this my brand new car
Cos I’ve got a b-----ank account.