David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Monday 30 May 2011

Desert Island Discs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs

At last, after all these years, an invitation from the BBC to choose my Desert Island Discs. I've done it several times since the 1970's and the old website had a regular feature with guests sharing their eight records, book and luxury. And now we can all have a go.
I'm not sure how many of mine will make it onto a most popular eight but, with apologies to Handel, Marc Bolan, Al Green, Francois Couperin, Gregory Isaacs, Deitrich Buxtehude, The Velvet Underground, Puccini and the whole of Tamla Motown except Diana Ross, all of who were well in contention, I went for-

Thomas Tallis, Spem in Alium
Monteverdi, Vespers 1610
Bach, The Well-Tempered Klavier
Aretha Franklin, One Step Ahead
The Magnetic Fields, All My Little Words
Mozart, Soave il vento
Diana Ross, I'm Still Waiting
Josquin Desprez, Deploration sur la mort de Johannes Ockeghem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.