David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Monday 22 June 2009

Muldoon


This form, invented by Roddy Lumsden and advertised by him on the Poets on Fire forum, requires the title and line endings to use the same three, four or five consonant sounds. This has a 'fuzzy rhyme' effect as practiced by Paul Muldoon amongst others. So when Muldoon's name generated enough line endings he seemed an appropriately post-modern subject for such an exercise.

Muldoon

Some say he is but a bewitched old man
that words torment under an idle moon,
while others claim he is a verbal demon
-the paragon of what is all modern.

For he rhymes words like brazil with almond
and makes for himself such a wild name
that for me he can provide no model,
only this form with which I am laden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.