David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Sunday 19 April 2009

The Last of the Great Dancers

The Last of the Great Dancers

And this is where he danced.
Some say he might have danced
his last dance here,
each flawless step a decorous rebuke
to younger men more lately
the recipients of rapturous applause
but whose shapeless jigs
were no more than parody
of the last furious gavotte
witnessed and described
in the fashionable diaries
of those who were there
or those who at least
said that they were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.