David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 28 July 2023

Racetrack Wiseguy

 Following last week's win in the Irish Oaks by Savethelastdance after Tony Blackburn had played the Drifters record on Sounds of the 60's, I've been through tomorrow's racing for a 60's record to request to see if we can repeat the trick. There are stacks of pop-related horses but sadly no titles from the period Tony covers.
There's Fresh by Kool & the Gang, Beast of Burden by the Stones and there's Chairmanoftheboard. With not much doing with serious investment potential, we might have some loose change in a mindlessly optimistic combination of some of them.
However, having looked, it's hard not to notice the 4.35 at York. We do need to get the favourite beat, Mark Prescott's Golden Shot, but one can hardly ignore the 60's pairing of Baez and Zimmerman for a reverse forecast. They were close together and to the forefront of 60's music so maybe they will be again at York tomorrow.
Such chancy foolishness will almost certainly cost me a couple of quid but that can be recouped by betting more scientifically in due course. In the meantime, maybe for once I'll have the sort of daft bet the bookies want me to have. They are good to me after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.