David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 5 April 2023

The Dark-Eyed Sailor

 

Steeleye Span are on the list for the Perfect Day of Pop Radio feature one day but they get in ahead of that for having been my unsuccessful suggestion for this morning's Radio 3 Playlist Challenge to follow up a somewhat less entrancing setting of The Dark-Eyed Sailor by Vaughan-Williams.
Steeleye were among my early 70's, early teenage favourites and, although it's maybe twenty years since I played the disc that has this on, originally from Hark ! the Village Wait, 1970, it has lasted the course. There is something about one's first enthusiasms that stays with you.
So, thank you to Georgia Mann and her producers for prompting the memory of this even if they didn't see fit to include it in their selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.