David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Tuesday 7 February 2023

TV Appearance

I'm always glad of an alibi just in case I'm wrongly accused of a crime and questioned about it.

- Where we you at 3.20 on the afternoon of Feb 6th.
- I was at Fontwell Park, Chief Inspector Barnaby.
- How do I know you were?
- Because I was on the telly.
 
I was broadcasting to the nation. Admittedly only to that tiny fraction of them that were watching Sky Racing and were so ultra-vigilant that they could recognize me from behind in a fleeting moment.
But, having recorded it and gone through all the bits I could have been in it frame by frame, that's me on the telly. Not quite as ubiquitous as Bradley Walsh. Couldn't call it a cameo role, not even an extra and the tree is doing more for the snaphot than I am but that's me alright.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.