David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Tuesday 4 May 2021

Church Going


 The photographs that bring to mind poems project was dormant for a long time. It hardly started at all, really., but has got into second gear recently.
I was gratified that one regular reader here anticipated the possibility of this addition to the series. I had taken my Sony Box Brownie for the purpose, it being easier to take a new photo than find any of the old ones and this area looks better in Spring than it does in Winter. While all the evidence suggests I don't have a huge amount of readers here, I'd rather have a few that 'get it' than hundreds that don't.
This church at Idsworth looks like an anomaly but the houses of the community it was first built to serve were demolished. Being hatted, and not wearing bicycle clips, I didn't actually remove anything in awkward reverence because I didn't go in. Neither does it prove itself a serious place on serious earth by virtue of having any dead lying round it but it'll do. It is the sort of afternoon place one might have thought walks in retirement would take in rather than dancing to Wig Wam Bam by The Sweet which is still, even now, what I think I ought to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.