David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Saturday 14 December 2019

Today's Times Crossword Solution

























A bit of a return to form, dispatched before noon. At least, let's hope it is. I need some change of fortune.

Have you ever been made to look a fool by Tony Blackburn. I was this morning.
Having sent in a request to Sounds of the 60's, I thought I had ascertained from the website that he would play it this morning, the artist being listed in the preview. So I was awake by 6.21, listened until 8 and didn't hear it, checked the playlist and found it was another record by Wayne Fontana that he played. The family were up, or at least tuned in for 6 a.m. to no avail.
I was Tony Blackburn's fallguy. I was Henry Magee to his Benny Hill.