David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Tuesday 3 December 2019

Buxtehude in Portsmouth

Some fixture congestion on Saturday has Portsmouth University Choir doing C.P.E. and J.C. Bach in the Catholic Cathedral only about a mile away from Portsmouth Baroque Choir in All Saints Church.
I had been so undecided about which to go to that I thought I might stay in. Luckily, I found this, at Music in Portsmouth,

Renaissance and Baroque Music (including Buxtehude’s Magnificat), 20th/21st-century carols, including Schofield’s Illuminare Jerusalem, which was written for the choir in 1992.

Buxtehude in Portsmouth rarely, if ever to my knowledge, goes beyond some organ repertoire in Lunchtime Live! recitals. There was a Membra Jesu Nostri in Sussex a while ago, Boxgrove Priory maybe, but that's not easily accessible. So, I really must make the effort. It's the sort of occasion that one has to attend because if the likes of me don't, who can you expect would.