David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Saturday 23 November 2019

Racetrack Wiseguy back from Ascot

Half a length shy of landing the 14/1 double with Capeland zooming in by 12 lengths, the Professor lands the nap and adds Pym.There are worse places to go for horse racing advice than here.
One can't really lose when so much is corporate hospitality but this time, for once, I didn't get the turf accountants to pay my train fare.
The only time I saw Desert Orchid, he got beat in the Cheltenham Gold Cup, Norton's Coin being obviously the better horse, and now I've added Altior, returned at 1/3 so a few had expensive days out. It must be me.
But the fact is that, not having landed the double, I'm not really back in business and the plus for the year can't be put at risk so we''ll shut up shop until Cheltenham Trials Day in January and see what we can do with 2020.
This one's for Georgie, wherever she may be,