David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 22 November 2019

Racetrack Wiseguy at Ascot


I am grateful to the Professor and Corals for a third year at the Ascot November meeting which this year is a bit more special for the Altior-Cyrname showdown. To some of us it seems absurd that Cyrname is officially rated a better horse than Altior but ratings can be like that. This is 2m5f, though, and so far that is Cyrname's territory and we have to trust Altior to stay that far and justify a trip to Kempton on Boxing Day.
It hasn't been all that wise at Racetrack Wiseguy for the last few weeks and I've surrendered a cosy plus position for the 2019 accounts. Thus, this is one last foray into the betting jungle before I literally quit while I'm only just ahead.
Mr. Henderson's horses are in good order, as the Professor will tell you, and so I'll take Call Me Lord to turn up match fit for his seasonal debut and thus be good enough in the 2.40. And, in hope as well as reasonable expectation, I'd like to see Capeland get compensation for the fiasco three weeks ago and it's a shame Bryony can't be there to help because she goes to Haydock for Frodon. I've put them together in a 14/1 double to restore my fortunes or lie low for what remains of the year.
The Prof goes for Valtor in the first which, at 11/8, might be some value but it's not often a Grand National horse reverts to novice hurdles. It might be an easy opportunity but we'll see. I'm not taking the Prof on, the form he's in, and he surely won't be far wrong with his faithful,

Nicky Henderson should a good day with Altior, Pym and Call Me Lord all having excellent chances.
Jesus had his disciples and Mr. Henderson has the Professor. None of them do badly out of it.
I'll be hoping for better luck for my gin and tonic this year after the beautiful vision above got brought down in the early stages last time we were there.