David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Saturday 7 September 2019

Racetrack Wiseguy

We are coming to the end of the dog days of the turf calendar. It's not always easy to find things to bet on in August, or the summer in general, but it will pick up soon.
There still isn't a great deal of interest today but we might try to set off in the right direction with Anastarsia, Ascot 2.10.
John Gosden's two-year-olds have come out and won all week and today's specimen is entered in the Group One Fillies Mile, which surely signifies more than the third in a Yarmouth Maiden achieved by Pocket Square.
I was dubious about the betting, seeing the latter made favourite, and left it until midnight by which time that had changed. The stable presumably expect some improvement from Pocket Square but without somebody else's confidence to bet against, one would never get a price worth having.
We'll give it a go.