David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 15 December 2017

The Saturday Nap

Apple's Shakira in the first at Cheltenham tomorrow was the original plan after it was well-backed, mainly with the Professor's money, and hosed up as advertised by him here four weeks ago. But now all the opposition has evaporated and one can't back anything at 1/5. The last time I did that it was Hillary Clinton to beat the other one and it just goes to show - the incredible can happen.
He did it to my beetting account and now he's doing it to the USA.
So, Vision des Flos is 1/2 at Hereford so that's no good either. Two more short ones are a Henderson double at Doncaster suggested by the Prof but Paul Nicholls thought a lot of Clan des Obeaux (Cheltenham, 1.55, nap) and, having shown some genuine form this season after getting beat a few times last year, this is where he can be expected to make a big contribution.
The Professor, who is now the tipster in form, takes on the established reputation of the redoutable The New One with the talking horse potential of Melon in the 3.05.