David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 8 December 2017

The Saturday Nap

Hello, Prof. You're early. Oh, no, it's me that's late.
Oh, I see, off out again tonight, are we. Friday nights out round here wouldn't be the same without you.
Oh, Christmas, is it. And you had a winner today, didn't you. On the Blind Side. 
What have you got for us tomorrow, then.

-I have chatted about it all week. So no surprise that the nap is Politologue 2.55 Sandown.  A true profile for a professor tip. 

Give a shout out to Highland Reel who dances his last waltz at Sha Tin. 6.00  Sunday morning. A true top class performer and winner of Breeders Cup, King George and Coronation Cup to name a few. 

Cheers, then, Prof. 
-
But, dear, oh, dear, Dear Hayley Turner. In trouble for opening an account while she's still got a licence. I think they'll let her off because she's great. But no wonder she feels 'deeply embarrassed', £160 up from 164 bets, with all those industry insider contacts and actually knowing what it's like to ride a horse. Maybe we don't do so bad after all.

At Aintree, two Nicholls horses at odds on don't multiply up to quite enough and Blaklion is a worthy clear favourite in the Becher Chase but is probably best watched until he has used up all his perfectly reasonable excuses for not winning.
So Sandown is the place to take your spare cash.
Just a Sting (12.05) let me down last time but we'll keep him our side for now because we do believe in him, his trainer and his jockey.
The Novice Chase is the race I'm looking forward to most, siding with Finian's Oscar (1.45) in a classy contest.    
I can see what the Professor means at the prices available but maybe they've priced it up wrong and 11/10 Fox Norton might have been worth having. I don't like getting bogged down in pricewise calculations so will be interested in a non-combatant capacity.
My old mate Doing Fine (3.30) turns up in the last and, having done fine in defeat recently, this could well be his day.
But I think Just a Sting (Sandown, 12.05, nap) has to be the top priority.
--
£2 free bet, Paddy. Really, you overwhelm me. 
I had the finest of fine days out at Ascot recently because the Professor bets with Joe Coral.
Could you not try a bit harder.