David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Monday 25 September 2017

Mending Wall

Several years ago now I took some pictures in Portsmouth's Kingston Cemetery, put one here with reference to Eliot's line, I had not thought death had undone so many, and undertook to continue with a series of such photographs that brought to mind famous poems.
It didn't come to anything until yesterday when I thought I'd apply a coat of wood preserver in the hopes of making the the garden fence last a while longer. It does at least look the better for it.
But while I was at it my neighbour came out and we exchanged a few cordial words which reminded me of Robert Frost,
Good fences make good neighbors.














Coming soon, some high windows. I have some in mind from where I'll be on Thursday.