David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 25 November 2016

The Saturday Nap

Blaklion (Newbury 3.10) is tomorrow's nap in good, old-fashioned newspaper tipster style, going for the big race in the hope of a big price that makes it look as if you knew something. We ought to have a foray into a big handicap at least once in this game and they don't come much bigger than the Hennessey.
The scientific reasons for it are that he is a resolute slogger and this race is a slog. He will have been aimed at this prize, as have many of the others, but we can be happy enough with his runs since winning the RSA Chase at Cheltenham and only hope that that race didn't leave a permanent mark on him. This is something of a date with destiny. I'd rather have him on my side than against me.
There will be a few little yankees to do tomorrow morning but it's not an easy day tomorrow and it's not been a good week trying to look after the 'sitting pretty' position I'd achieved for the year so it'll be time to let the rigours of it all ebb away while Val Doonican entertains us gently on The Good Old Days.