David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 30 November 2016

Live from the Chess in New York

via the internet, and the comfort of my old computer seat, of course.

It looks like Chess24 has crashed under the weight of its own fineness but I'm on Susan Polgar's site where you can still see it.

I thought Magnus had the first game there but, as ever, what it looks like to me is not what is and apparently all the computer programmes said it was dead level.

I'll be explaining the new idea of 'post-serious' here soon enough, my own amalgam of attitudes that follows on from 'post-truth' much more enjoyably and less sinister than that Trump tenet.

But here's an example of it. 5 winners from 5 horses, as usual, in the early part of the week. World Chess on the internet, a few tins of lager and the rest of the wine I couldn't find room for the other night, play Happy from Exile on Main Street and know that you've got the Best Collection of poems finally decided.

There is no need to go anywhere.