David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 2 September 2016

South 54 Poetry Reading

The reading by contributors to the autumn edition of South magazine will be on Tuesday 18th October in the Square Tower, Old Portsmouth, 7 pm for 7.30, with a view to being finished by 10 pm.

Always a fine event, although I must admit I haven't been to one for quite some time, Portsmouth is ready to deliver a particularly fine one not only on account of its venue but because my new friend, Richard Williams, and I selected the poems for it, so I can promise you that there will be plenty of poems and poets worth hearing. And I'm looking forward to seeing what they look like.

One of them will be me, as per the protocol by which the contributors want to see who was responsible. It's a rare thing, a public appearance by me, I'm glad it's only five minutes and such appearances are only likely to get rarer, so get there if you can. It could be a daunting thought that I will be standing where Tasmin Little stood a few years ago for her recital of Bach, Bartok and such rarified things but the world doesn't always progress onwards and upwards, it sometimes goes sideways, to say the least.