David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Monday 18 January 2016

Marc and David




I make no apology for not being over it yet.  You never know what you've lost until you've lost it.

Marc Bolan dying was quite an event, in the sixth form in Gloucester but, at the age of 17, one still believes one is going to live forever.

David Bowie was good enough to turn up and do a turn on the cut-price, teatime ITV show, Marc, in which the eponymous hero was on something of a tenuous comeback trail but the show was cut short when the finale, a potentially priceless duet between two of the pop greats of the 1970's, was ruined by Bolan falling off the stage and Bowie turning round and smiling indulgently.

This, from You Tube, appears to be a clue to what we were robbed of by Marc's unfortunate accident.