David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 31 October 2014

The Saturday Nap

Not the most adventurous selection ever published but Silviniaco Conti (Wetherby 3.15), arguably the best 3 mile chaser in training, has to be this weekend's main investment.
He was probably found out by the hill and the extended 3m 2f of an unsatisfactory Gold Cup but this track is flat and the distance is that crucial bit less. He can win first time out and has won this Charlie Hall Chase before.
Taquin du Seuil will surely improve for his first run, which was nowhere near good enough but 11/10 Silvianiaco as he takes the road to Kempton's King George looks fair enough.