David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 18 October 2013

The Saturday Nap

There's a choice of top class flat or very good jumping racing tomorrow, at Ascot and Cheltenham, but my main interest will be at Kempton on Sunday where The New One makes his seasonal reappearance. With only Rock On Ruby to beat there by the looks of it, though, we can't expect much of a price. I'm sure he will win and will be very disappointed if he doesn't but we have to look at Saturday for something more adventurous.
There are a number of names that suggest themselves, each of which face obvious dangers. Nicholls' Dark Lover in the 5.00 at Cheltenham is tempting but I risk making a long term enemy of Balder Succes who won nicely at Chepstow last week. Lady Cecil's Hot Snap in the mares race at Ascot is 5/1, Charlie Longsdon's Vulcanite is 4/1 favourite in the handicap chase at Cheltenham and Cirrus des Aigles looked too good to be true for a 7 year old last time.
But you have to be taking something on to win money so I will take on Nicholls' Sametegal with Handazan in the 3.10 at Cheltenham.