David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Monday 9 September 2013

The Perfect Murder

The Perfect Murder is available this week, a month ahead of its official publication date but readers of this website can have it pre-release.
14 poems, 4 years after the previous title, is exactly on schedule. It is possibly my best booklet yet without necessarily having my very best poems in it but perhaps it has the least wrong with it. Thanks to input from a helpful printer, it has somewhat better design standards compared to its predecessors and that includes a nice gloss cover.
The poems are-


Twilight
The Perfect Murder
The Lepidopterist’s Wife
Not at All
Scent
Fiction
Ночью по городу
An Indiscretion
The Book Club Murder
World Of Its Own
The Italian Chapel, Orkney
Passing
A Somewhere Violin
Michael
 
It is listed at £2.50, you can e-mail me for one at dg217.888@ntlworld.com and you don't have to pay for it if you don't feel like it. It is quite a dull book. It doesn't invite the reader to 'see the world in a new way' or deliver a succession of shocks to their expectations and so it isn't very fashionable. In fact there might be some who would say it isn't poetry at all.