David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Simonsig

There have been certainties to bet on at better odds than 1/2 before. The last two American Presidential Elections were two of them but something sometimes holds you back and you just can't do it.
I've just been reading A.P. McCoy's autobiography in which he reveals that Martin Pipe legged him up on one at Cheltenham and then told him that it was the biggest certainty ever to set foot on a racecourse. And it won.
I don't have such inside knowledge but Simonsig looks as close to such a thing as I've ever seen before in tomorrow's Arkle Chase. 8/13 is a steal when he should surely be 1/4.
But there is no such thing as a certainty. Is all I'm saying.