David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Photo shoot

You probably know what it's like being a major literary figure forever being required to sign books, turn up at places and be nice to people and have your photo taken for publicity purposes.
But I don't. I have to arrange my own photo shoot if I need some new pictures to put on the website. I have to buy my own Dimitar Berbatov t-shirt to express my statement of intent and I have to ask my mate to take the pictures.
But at least now I have some recent pictures to use. It wasn't a poetry reading, it was a short series of studio poses including this one based on one struck by Dusty Springfield singing You Don't Have to Say You Love Me. I can see that without the mascara and blonde wig it isn't quite the same but there don't seem to be any pictures of Larkin or Ted Hughes attempting anything so audacious. 
The early part of the year has always been a difficult time to find things to add to the website. I hope things will begin to start moving a bit quicker soon.