David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 7 December 2012

The Saturday Nap - Week Nine

Novice hurdles are generally the sort of races I like best for sensible investments but we are safely ahead of the bookmakers in this project and I don't mind having an old-fashioned punt once in a while.
And so, while Sam Winner in the handicap at Sandown is of interest and there might be a couple of short priced, safety first options available, I might try to put this project to bed once and for all with a 6/1 shot and none of that each way messing about either.
Of course, the first clash of  the Henderson- trained Sprinter Sacre and Nicholls' Sanctuaire is a race to relish but not, I think, to bet on. These two are likely to get to know each other fairly well over the next couple of years, one might think.  But the Becher Chase at Aintree is one of those minor classics that provides real jump racing. A horse I have liked for a little while now is Join Together and I hope that this might be the race in which he makes a name for himself. But I don't just hope, I think that 6/1, or more if you can get it, is a fair enough reflection, and worth doing.