David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 9 November 2012

The Saturday Nap - Week Five

Wincanton tomorrow is all set up to be a typical Paul Nicholls benefit and the fact that I've just looked through it and talked myself out of Zarkandar, Poungach and Michel Le Bon makes that a virtually cast iron 36/1 treble.
I'll take Stagecoach Pearl, Kelso 2.40, to go and do again what he did there this time last year.
I don't share the widespread superstition or partiality towards grey horses but have nothing against them either. If we want a genuinely mug reason to back him, the jockey is called Ryan Mania and one can't help but like that.